Export to SVG java.lang.NullPointerException

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vethno
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Export to SVG java.lang.NullPointerException

Post by vethno » 19 Sep 2014 19:41

Hi,

I have been unable to solve this problem and I'm basically at my wit's end. Every time I try to export to SVG I receive a java.lang.NullPointerException error.

I am using a Mac OSX 10.9.4 and Gephi 0.8.2.

I modified the gephi config file to use Java 6, since it wouldn't run on my mac with Java 7.

Thanks,

V

mattsson.c
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Export to SVG java.lang.NullPointerException

Post by mattsson.c » 02 Dec 2014 23:06

Hello,
I'm having the same problem, vethno, did you ever figure out a solution?
If I try saving in SVG format from the menu bar I get a null pointer exception at roughly 30%, and if exporting from the preview pane I get one at 99%.
I'm running the same setup.
There was one post about removing spaces and special characters from the node labels, but that has not solved it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm new to this.
Thank you,
CM

mattsson.c

Post by mattsson.c » 03 Dec 2014 22:51

Actually!
Try removing some plugins. I'm not sure which of the ones I pruned did the trick, but Gephi is now saving painlessly to an svg file.
Cheers,
CM

joethemachine

Post by joethemachine » 11 Dec 2014 21:39

I'm having the exact same problem. When exporting a graph in png or svg formats, I receive this error. It is file-dependent so some networks export fine, and some do not. I'm running windows 8.1 with JRE 7 and 8 with expanded memory modification in the config file. Everything else works well, it's only this problem.

My guess is that it can probably be traced to a single plugin, does anyone have any advice on how to go about fixing this issue?

CM can you post a list of the plugins you disabled so that we can cross reference?

Joe