Playing with importing cookie data

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
danwhitehouse
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Playing with importing cookie data

Post by danwhitehouse » 15 Sep 2014 20:57

Hi team,
I hope you're well.

I've only been playing around with Gephi for a few weeks now, but excited by thinking about what I can use it for to create stunning visuals.

I'm lucky enough to work within a media agency that has access to a huge amount of data. One such type of data is cookie data from an ad server.

The file attached is a very 'light' version of some of the data we can collect. I've tried playing around with it to add the 'node', 'id' and 'label' column headers but not confident enough to know how to manipulate the data to import it into Gephi.

If you have a look at the data columns 'node' and 'label' these refer to IDs of actual cookies. So if we're able to match two of these, that's the same cookie, but in a different session.

The rest of the data refers to 'creative id', which is the advert on a particular page where the cookie has been captured. The rest of the column headers should be pretty straight forward (hopefully!)

Ultimately what I'd love to be able to do is map an entire journey for a cookie ID. To do this I need to be able to make connections between the ID and the advert so we can track a user and visualise the network that users travels online.

Can be done? I'm certainly in good company to help me get there!!

Dan
Attachments
sample.csv
(1.26KiB)Downloaded 90 times

danwhitehouse
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Playing with importing cookie data

Post by danwhitehouse » 20 Sep 2014 13:04

*bump*