[SOLVED] How to merge GDF files (or graphs)

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
johan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] How to merge GDF files (or graphs)

Post by johan » 22 May 2010 13:19

I have a few GDF files with network information - I can explore each of the GDF files with Gephi, however it is not obvious how to merger all the network information together and explore the combined network.

So:
* Is it possible to add network info to the current loaded network in Gephi?
- The "Open" command gives you options to "add full graph" or "append graph" - however it is not obvious to me what the intended result is (tried both, but as far as I can see it only opened the "new" network (and didn't merge with the previously open).

* If it's not possible inside Gephi, any suggestions on how to merge GDF files outside Gephi?

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to merge GDF files (or graphs)

Post by mbastian » 22 May 2010 17:32

Hi
- The "Open" command gives you options to "add full graph" or "append graph" - however it is not obvious to me what the intended result is (tried both, but as far as I can see it only opened the "new" network (and didn't merge with the previously open).
If you use same identifier for both GDF files, this should work and merge it. How does your GDF files look like?