xgmml import?

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sciencegeek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
xgmml import?

Post by sciencegeek » 29 May 2012 00:15

Hi,
I would like to switch from Cytoscape to Gephi. I have a xgmml file generated by Cytoscape, but Gephi doesn't seem to be able to import it (despite its support is listed on the website). Is this feature enabled?

Any other way I can trasfer my graph from Cytoscape to Gephi? (gml doesn't work either as the node names are not saved in the file by Cytoscape)

Thank you for your help!

SG

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: xgmml import?

Post by admin » 29 May 2012 08:29

Ah...we used to support xgmml in an older version of Gephi, maybe the 0.6 series. You may try to get it here and export in another format.

Otherwise can you export from Cytoscape the list of node IDs and labels? In this case, you may import the GML file in Gephi, then merge the labels using the Data Laboratory "import spreadsheet" feature.

sciencegeek

Post by sciencegeek » 29 May 2012 19:15

Thanks for the quick response!

I'll try the suggested options.

Any plans to bring back support for xgmml?

Thank you,

Tom

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 31 May 2012 09:18

I've submitted an issue on Github.

yrl113

Post by yrl113 » 14 Jul 2014 11:52

How else can I migrate from cytoscape to gephi?

For instance, any easy way to convert xgmml to gml?