Merging .gephi graphs

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jasmurph
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Merging .gephi graphs

Post by jasmurph » 21 May 2012 02:19

I have two graphs saved as .gephi files that I would like to merge together in a single graph. I can't figure out how on earth to do this. Part of the problem is that there are duplicate nodes and edges between the graphs, but I don't think that is the whole issue. Any help on this is much appreciated.

James

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Merging .gephi graphs

Post by admin » 21 May 2012 07:51

Hi,

Load each graph separately and export them in GEXF file format. Once you have these two files, go back to Gephi, create a new project, use menu File > Open to load the first one normally. Then File > Open the second one, but in the Import Window, select "Append graph" instead of "New graph).

Gephi files save not only the graph data but also all parameters and workspaces in Gephi, that's why you can't merge two projects.

jasmurph

Post by jasmurph » 02 Jun 2012 03:35

Thanks so much for the help. It did work better, but I still have a problem. It's creating edges between almost all the nodes rather than importing only the edges in the existent imported graphs.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 03 Jun 2012 17:52

'Append Graph' will import nodes and edges, and merge nodes which have the same ID. If you think that there is something wrong, please share your files so that we can reproduce the potential bug.

francesca.ruisi

Post by francesca.ruisi » 21 Sep 2013 15:56

Dear All,

I need an information, please.

It is a very long time I have been trying glueing together a sample of ego-networks collected through Facebook app (Netvizz).
These ego-networks are those one "belonging" to the whole universe of people-member of a political movement that represent my case-study. So there is an ego-network for every member of the movement but ego is not "present" in his/her ego-network. What I want to construct and visualize is the relational universe of all these members whose ego-networks I have already collected through a .gml format individually.
Practically I need a "picture" consisting of all these egoneworks glueing together each ego included.

I am trying to use "append graph" but as soon as I visualize ego-network of a node called e.g. X and this node is already present in the previous graph this node X immediately disappear while my aim is to keep it into the graph. The point is that ego is not present in his/her network as soon as you merge it.

My mentor suggests me to add lacking ego and his/her personal edges by hand after "append graph" (no relation-edge between ego and his/her friend who is glued to is defined using append graph) but I would like to know a faster solution in case it is especially because I have to glue together 110 ego-networks in .gml and unfortunately I do not have so much time. Could you help me, please?

Every solution is really appreciated :)

elraidor

Post by elraidor » 04 Jun 2015 17:25

Hi

I have the same problem - did you ever find a solution to this?