[SOLVED] Timeline?

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pbookworm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Timeline?

Post by pbookworm » 13 Mar 2012 01:33

So, I have an edge list, for example

1 3
5 3
6 3.

Then I have another data file with the years for each of these numbers:

1 2010
2 1999
3 1985
4 2009
5 2007
6 1999.

Is there any function on Gephi where I could create a dynamic graph using the dates file?

Thanks!

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Timeline?

Post by admin » 13 Mar 2012 10:09

Do the nodes exist since these dates, or do they exist only at that time? Following I'll assume that the node 1 only exists in 2010, not before, not after, and so on for the other nodes.

Here is a workaround:

In Data Lab, nodes table, create a column named "date" (or whatever) of type Integer and fill it with the years for each node. Then:
1. Merge Columns (button on the bottom). Select "date", and choose the merge strategy "create time interval".
2. In the option window: Start and End column will be "date". Fill the End to blank for nodes existing from this date. Press OK.

That's it! You have now a new Time Interval column. To see it as graphics, go to Configuration of the table, and check "Time intervals as graphics".

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Re: Timeline?

Post by admin » 13 Mar 2012 13:24

You can also encode your data this way and importing them with the Data Lab > Import Spreadsheet feature.