Exporting x- and y- locations of graph

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Okke-Formsma
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Exporting x- and y- locations of graph

Post by Okke-Formsma » 02 Mar 2012 12:00

Hello,

I would like to export the locations of all my nodes in the graph to a database/file, so I can recreate my graph with the same node locations easily. However, I have not found a way to include the (x,y) location of nodes in an export file.

I have tried making an x and y column in the data inspector, but I can't find a way to fill these columns with the x,y locations of the nodes.

Am I overlooking something or is this currently not possible? Is there another export format which would include the locations which I could easily parse for example?

Thanks,

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Exporting x- and y- locations of graph

Post by eduramiba » 02 Mar 2012 12:42

Hi,
What format are you using to export?
When you go to File - Export - Graph file... select a format and click on Options you will see that most of them have a Position x,y option.

Eduardo

Okke-Formsma

Post by Okke-Formsma » 02 Mar 2012 15:26

I tried with CSV files, but they apparently are the only export file format which does not allow locations to be exported.

I'll just parse another type of file then.

Where can I add a feature request for CSV export of (X,Y) values? I'm surely not the only one who could use this.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 02 Mar 2012 16:43

Right, you can create an issue in github https://github.com/gephi/gephi