Email Data Analysis

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
abhijitiitr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Email Data Analysis

Post by abhijitiitr » 03 Feb 2012 11:08

Hello
I'm a new learner of Pajek and I am required to present the network of emails communicated between the employees in an organization. I searched a lot and tried to model it but couldn't succeed. Some of the doubts that i want to share are,(All doubts are related to Pajek)
The difference between various actors of the network is not only the recipients of their emails and senders to them but the NO. OF EMAILS sent or received by any random actors also.

I have the excel file containing the input data but I just cant think how to accommodate the no. of emails in the network.

Initially i thought about arc thickness but that would be a very weak tool to perform further network analysis concerning centrality, closeness etc.

I also thought about arc labels.But it would only be visually satisfying and the mathematical analysis would be inaccurate after labeling the arcs as the no.of emails sent or received between any actor.

Please help me out.Please
Thanks in advance from the core of my heart. Seriously.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Email Data Analysis

Post by mbastian » 04 Feb 2012 07:15

Hi, did you checkout the different file formats Gephi can support?

https://gephi.org/users/supported-graph-formats/

abhijitiitr

Post by abhijitiitr » 04 Feb 2012 19:03

Thanks. I just figured out how excel files can be integrated with gephi. But how do i model my problem with gephi.

Merlin Blume

Post by Merlin Blume » 03 Jun 2012 11:58

Hi there,

I have got a similar problem. For the university I have got to do some visualization of the Enron email traffic that has been sent bevore the company went down. It should be highly interactive and should help to do some fraud detection based on the connectedness of the employees and the content of there mails.

How would you handle this problem? Is unsing the Gephi Toolkit the right choice?

Bye Merlin.