GraphML - loading graph-level attribs

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MarkHarwood
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GraphML - loading graph-level attribs

Post by MarkHarwood » 02 Feb 2012 12:49

I'm trying to offer a "drill-down" capability based on storing a "data source" URL for a graph in my GraphML and using it from a custom NodeManipulator to open webpages relating to nodes in the graph. I know there is already a plugin that lets me click hyperlinks if they are attributes of nodes but I want to avoid adding full URLs to every record (I have big enough graphs already).

It looked to me like GraphML and Gephi's object model can both represent this custom graph-level attrib but unfortunately the ImporterGraphML class doesn't look to be able to connect the two.
According to the GraphML spec I can have a custom "data" item where the "for" setting is "graph" but ImporterBuilderGraphML only looks to support settings for "node" and "edge".
As a result I thought I'd try sneak the datasource URL in as a value in the standard <desc> tag but ImporterBuilderGraphML doesn't look to parse that either.

Any other pointers?

Cheers
Mark

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GraphML - loading graph-level attribs

Post by mbastian » 12 Mar 2012 01:11

That might not be exactly what you are looking for but the Linkfluence plugin let you open URLs in one click