[SOLVED] Tips for rapidy adding attributes to a large graph

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
camel1974
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Tips for rapidy adding attributes to a large graph

Post by camel1974 » 03 Nov 2011 00:21

hi -- gephi is awesome. Does any one have advice on how to optimize the following workflow:

I have a large graph that takes a while to layout in gephi (but it looks beautiful when done). using a separate set of tools, I can generate various node attributes. the tools are flexible and let me try out all sorts of calculations. I'm trying to figure out a quick work flow that lets me add the extra columns to the existing graph without losing my layout. If nothing else I was going to hack a simple metric that just loads values from a file (or allows copy and paste) or maybe add a button to the data laboratory that allows this -- but before doing all that, i was curious if anyone has suggestions.

thanks.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Workflow tips for rapidy adding attributes to a large gr

Post by eduramiba » 03 Nov 2011 12:50

Hi,

For now you can only join some external file column to the table using Import Spreadsheet at data lab and using Id as the key column (remember to uncheck "Force creation of new nodes").

I have thought before about creating a data lab plugin to do this with any column.

Eduardo

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Re: Workflow tips for rapidy adding attributes to a large gr

Post by elijah » 03 Nov 2011 20:21

Exporting your graph to gexf will save XY, shape and size information, so your layout will be preserved. If you can then parse the XML and annotate it, then you'll keep your layout.