[SOLVED] 'null' label in edge import results

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
davidp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] 'null' label in edge import results

Post by davidp » 01 Jul 2011 19:31

I'm scratching my head over way to get my edgelist.csv file into Gephi with the correct node labels. I have tried the instructions as set out in the spreadsheet tutorial, but it replaces the true Source and Target values with a 'null'.

So, is there actually a way of importing edge data that wll apply to the correct nodes?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 'null' label in edge import results

Post by eduramiba » 01 Jul 2011 22:55

Hi, if your file contains edges the Label property will be set to that edge.

But if your file is something like:

Code: Select all

Source;Target;Label
One;Two;One-Two
Three;Two;Three-Two
Then, these One, Two Three values will be used for the nodes Ids (with "Create missing nodes option enabled")
If you want that to be the node label you need to:
Go to nodes table
Click on "Copy data to other column" button
Select Id column
Select Label column

Eduardo