[SOLVED] identifying parallel edge?

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WanderingAengus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] identifying parallel edge?

Post by WanderingAengus » 25 May 2011 18:33

I am importing a moderate size GML file (for an undirected graph) and get the error "Parallel edges are not supported yet, edge id= 'e21426' is ignored. " Issues "INFO"

I suspect that this means I have a some form of a duplicate entry (?). Is there a way to identify this edge in my data set?

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Re: identifying parallel edge?

Post by elijah » 31 May 2011 02:02

It tells you with the warning. Another way to tell is to see where the edges have been combined by weight. This is a problem if you're pulling in weighted edges, but if you make your imported edges all set to 1 weight (just to troubleshoot) you can sort by Edge Weight in the Data Laboratory panel and see anything with more than 1 weight (which will indicate that there are N-1 extra edges per that you can sort out).

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable