[SOLVED] Missing Import Report to change graph to undirected

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
David S.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Missing Import Report to change graph to undirected

Post by David S. » 23 May 2011 02:25

Hey there,

I'm still really new to Gephi and I need some help finding the import report window. I'm importing the data contained in CSV file and gephi reads it in just fine. However, whenever I import the data, no report shows up so that I can change the graph type from directed to undirected. Is there some place in the menu where I can find this window or is this a bug? I've re-downloaded and re-installed the program multiple times and still no success. Any help would be great!

Dave

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Missing Import Report to change graph to undirected

Post by seinecle » 23 May 2011 13:56

Just to make sure: do you import your data through the data laboratory view (with the "import spreadsheet" button), or through the File -> Open menu?
=> Try both options, I think the "import spreadsheet" function in the data laboratory view opens the import window you're talking about.

Best,

Clement

David S.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by David S. » 23 May 2011 17:50

Hey Clement,

Thanks for the quick response. I've been using the "Import Spreadsheet" the entire time and nothing has popped up. However, when I use the file -->open method, the import report appears but then Gephi does not import the data correctly. I also re-installed the program again and the issue still remains.

David

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 23 May 2011 18:04

David,

When you say CSV format, could you share a line? When Gephi imports a graph in CSV format via file->open, it's expecting "source","target1","target2","targetn++" whereas if you're pulling it in with the Data Laboratory, you're just using CSV format for a tab-delimited file, right?

You can simply export->graph file to .gexf format and when you file->open your saved graph, you'll get the option to change it to undirected.

David S.

Post by David S. » 24 May 2011 00:49

Elijah,

That worked perfectly. Thank you all for the help!

D