RDF import

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nalchigar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RDF import

Post by nalchigar » 09 Apr 2011 21:24

Hello All,

As you may know, there is a new plugin for GEPHI: RDF Import. This plugin seems very interesting. I installed the RDF import plugin but when I wanted to import a RDF file with GEPHI, it is not possible. I installed the RDF plugin and I can see it listed as my Plugins, but I cannot open any RDF file. Would you please tell me what should I do? I also searched and read something in GEPHI WIKI - Plugins Portal, but I could not understand what exactly I have to do?

edemairy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: RDF import

Post by edemairy » 12 Apr 2011 14:59

Hello,
Maybe the name of the plugin is confusing: to import rdf files, you have to use a special window.
You can open this window in the "Window/RDFGephiMainWindow".
There is an embedded example, so if you click on the Start button of the window, a graph must be built.
Best regards,
Erwan

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 12 Apr 2011 20:13

Name updated.

nalchigar

Post by nalchigar » 30 Apr 2011 02:07

Thanks guys, using your help I visualized some ontologies ;) . I have another question:

Using Protege, I have created a very simple ontology which includes just 7 classes. Then, when I import this RDF file to Gephi, using "SemanticWebImport" plugin. As a result, this plugin draws a very complicated graph which include many unfamiliar nodes (for example nodes with this names: "datatype", "resoruce","property", etc). But, I have not defined any nodes with these name in Protege :o . How can I reduce the size of graph to 7 nodes? As you know, there are 4 small frames in Plugin windows. I tried to write some queries in small window: RDF Nodes. But it does not work. Would you please help me?