request tracker visualization

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
galwarion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
request tracker visualization

Post by galwarion » 22 Mar 2011 16:26

Hi! My goal is to visualize request tracker job (http://bestpractical.com/rt/). But it needs more "types" (different attributes) of nodes. In this way:

cust1----------request1----------worker1
| |___________worker2
| _____________|
| |
|________request2-----------worker4

I m able to visualize jobs recorded by request tracker though history.

But for this type of graph I cant use community searching algorithms right? Is it possible to run that algorithms only for nodes with some attribute assigned?

Does someone have better idea how to do this and what to analyze?

mike_english

Re: request tracker visualization

Post by mike_english » 22 Mar 2011 20:37

If you add a column, say 'GroupID', to your node table under Data Laboratory, you can use the values of that field as parameters for the Attributes Filter plugins. (You can also specify arbitrary properties in the GEXF format so long as you determine what type of field they are - i.e. string, int, float, etc.)

You should then be able to run the statistics algorithms on the visible graph.

This post is a good introduction to using filters:
http://blog.ouseful.info/2010/04/23/get ... c-filters/

Hope that helps!

galwarion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by galwarion » 02 May 2011 10:26

Well we finished our work. Maybe it will be interesting for someone to publish our result.
Thanks to Sebastien, Seinecle and others who helped us on this forum with sharing their experience.
We parse data from REST API of request tracker system and visualize customer-workers interaction throught tickets.
We used neo4j database, Java, Maven, Glassfish, Jersey and modified gexf4j library. Some screens and video from 14 days capturing are attached.
Fell free to contact me if you have any question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9zuqdPJWk

Upper layer are workers, in the middle are tickets and down are customers.

Ticket node size according to worked time spend on it.

Ticket node color according to ticket queue.

Ticket node color according to ticket status.

Detail of ticket layer.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 04 May 2011 14:38

We should really need a layout for multipartite graphs.