world map overlay

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mromaine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
world map overlay

Post by mromaine » 30 Mar 2010 17:58

Hi, thanks for an awesome application. Came across Gephi recently and am really loving the output.

I've got data that is country / region specific. What is the easiest way to map nodes to certain "countries" or regions on a map? My data comes from a DB so I can format a CSV, etc. as appropriate. I just haven't found much documentation on file formats and how to structure custom data into them to help Gephi render accordingly.

Any help and pointers much appreciated. Thanks!

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: world map overlay

Post by admin » 30 Mar 2010 18:46

Hi,

You'll find all docs on file formats supported here. Our support of CSV is very basic (edge list) and can't encode associated data for now. So you have 2 options:
* exporting your data in CSV and transform it to a graph format listed above.
* directly connect Gephi to your DB and process queries (File > Import Database), but this feature is currently not well developed.