Sigma js and geocoded attributes

Graphs inside the browser
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kalacc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sigma js and geocoded attributes

Post by Kalacc » 18 Dec 2013 15:21

Hello,

I'm new here, and i would first thanks for this great software.

I'm a beginner at Gephi stuff and i need some help so i can fix my problem.

I'm now trying to realize my first graph with Gephi. I first collect data and then use a geo map layout. But when i export my graph with sigma.js in my browser, i realize nodes are not at the right place (it looks reversed as if you watch something in a mirror). I check my geocoded attributes, but it looks good.

So i'm wondering if it's possible to use geocoded attributes with sigma.js ? Or maybe i'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for any help

computermacgyver
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sigma js and geocoded attributes

Post by computermacgyver » 28 Dec 2013 04:29

Hi Kalacc,

I'm glad you're finding the plugin useful and apologies for the issue with the map layout. Sigma and Gephi place the origin in different places, which leads to the graph being flipped vertically. Usually this doesn't much matter, but geo layouts of course do make a difference. This is fixed in my beta version but hasn't been released yet. The easiest thing to do to get this working immediately will be to edit the sigma.parseJson.js file with a standard text editor (e.g., notepad) and make the change described at the link below.

https://github.com/oxfordinternetinstit ... t-22291683

Please do let me know if this doesn't address the issue.

Cheers,
Scott

Kalacc

Re: Sigma js and geocoded attributes

Post by Kalacc » 02 Jan 2014 19:56

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your answer. I tried to add the line in the sigma.parseJson.js file as you indicate me. And it did work !

Thanks again.

Best regards.
Kalacc