Sigmajs questions

Graphs inside the browser
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GraphFan1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sigmajs questions

Post by GraphFan1 » 20 Sep 2012 08:06

Hi, I'm new to the board, I have some questions and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction...

1) All of the examples on Sigmajs.org seem to use GEXF files that only
use the "viz" format. Would it be possible to use Sigmajs to display
a graph without specifying all the "viz" attributes".

(I would like to only specify the node IDs, edge IDs, and edge weight,
and then have Javascript create the graph on the fly, sort of the way
Gephi does.)

2) I see that there is a ForceAtlas2 example on Sigmajs.org but it
uses random variables. Could it be modified to be used with a
pre-defined GEXF file? And if so, would it need to be in "viz"
format? (same question as #1)

Thanks so much

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sigmajs questions

Post by admin » 20 Sep 2012 09:07

Hi,

Please ask these questions on https://github.com/jacomyal/sigma.js/

But I can answer some of them:
You can load a GEXF without viz attributes, which are useful only if you have computed node coordinates in Gephi beforehand.
Code your importer so that you assign random positions to x and y attributes of each node.
Then run the ForceAtlas2 once the graph is loaded.

I'm using it on a project where I load graph nodes and edges from an API.

cheers