Japanese?

Graphs inside the browser
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
yohman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Japanese?

Post by yohman » 25 Jul 2011 20:43

Hi,

I'm a Gephi newbie, and loving everything about it. Thanks for this wonderful resource.

I am analyzing tweet data collected after the Japanese Earthquake disaster. I have created a visualization that tells me which words were tweeted most during what days. Everything looks fine in my Gephi window, but when I export to the web, all my Japanese text is lost. Something to do with the character encoding, no doubt.

I wonder if anybody may have any suggestions on getting the export plugins to recognize Japanese text? Here's an export sample using seadragon. It shows the dates, but none of the Japanese text:

http://gis.ats.ucla.edu/japan/gephi/seadragon.html

Also attaching a screenshot of what it looks like in the Gephi app:

I should also mention that the same thing happens when I export to PDF.

Many thanks in advance.

computermacgyver
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Japanese?

Post by computermacgyver » 15 Aug 2013 03:20

I just fixed the latest version of sigma.js exporter to handle UTF-8 characters correctly on mac/windows (was working previously on linux). You might try this: https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/sigmajs-exporter/