End to End Visualization on the Web

Graphs inside the browser
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
coyyonce
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
End to End Visualization on the Web

Post by coyyonce » 02 Jul 2011 04:36

Hi all.

I'm new to network visualization and just found Gephi this evening. I've been able to load a dataset and create a basic visualization showing relationships between nodes.

My end goal is to create a website where people would have profiles. By entering their profile information a hierarchy of nodes would be created. The relationships between these nodes would be visualized in real time and would be explorable (e.g., click on a data point to see the associated edges).

My understanding, based on reading through the forums, is that I would need the following:

A database that contains a table listing the nodes and table listing the edges.
Use the API to create the workspace, load the data, and create the graph.
Use a plugin to display the graph within a web application.

Is this generally correct from a high level? Also, would there be anything that may block me from achieving the end goal?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Coy

kumupowered
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: End to End Visualization on the Web

Post by kumupowered » 25 Jun 2012 23:07

Hi Coy,

Rather than building your own, you could take a look at our web app Kumu. It allows you to build your maps and visualize on the web and then you can export to Gephi as desired in the .gexf format.

You can see a sample map here www.kumupowered.com/jeffmohr/the-power-of-kumu/web-2-0

Let us know if you have any questions.

-Jeff