ForceAtlas publication

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
jacomyma
Gephi Core Developer
Re: ForceAtlas publication

Post by jacomyma » 20 Sep 2011 06:32

I'm glad you asked this question! Because of the holidays, I completely forgot that this summer we finalized the paper about ForceAtlas2 and we submitted it to the IEEE journal "Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics" (TVCG).

It's not yet in prepublication (we don't even know if it will be accepted), so I put it there so that you can take a look:
ForceAtlas2 Paper (+appendices)

I think you'll find what you asked in this paper.

Thanks to the people here that gave me hints about their uses and understanding of this algorithm. It helped me to orientate the paper.

abrailas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by abrailas » 16 Feb 2013 06:17

Hello!
are there any news regarding the publication?
many thanks for your work.
Alex.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 14 Mar 2013 10:39

Hi,

The paper is very useful. Could it be possibly be posted on Arxiv to make it more visible? (Arxiv allows for later revisions of the paper).

Best,

Clement

jacomyma
Gephi Core Developer

Post by jacomyma » 14 Mar 2013 10:49

Oh, it was not accepted. It had several issues, including a low level of english (we thought it was not required at this stage). We reworked all the text it and fixed the language. We still have to submit it. The last version (only minor references issues) is available here:
http://www.medialab.sciences-po.fr/publ ... Atlas2.pdf
http://www.medialab.sciences-po.fr/publ ... ndices.pdf

All the best

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable