[SOLVED] Kamada-Kawai

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jokel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Kamada-Kawai

Post by jokel » 29 Dec 2010 09:26

Dear Gephi-experts!

Is there a plug-in which would allow me to layout graphs using a Kimura-Kawai algorithm (similar to the one used in Pajek)? I am trying to spatially group nodes according to the modules they belong to but somehow do not achieve nice results. I remember that in Pajek Kimura-Kawai worked great for my purposes.

Many thanks for your help!
Jokel

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Kimura-Kawai

Post by admin » 29 Dec 2010 10:43

Hi,

You may talk about Kamada-Kawai? It's not implemented in Gephi and all layouts only works on the linkage structure.

But it's easy to implement a new layout if you want, see this tutorial.

jokel

Re: Kimura-Kawai

Post by jokel » 29 Dec 2010 13:53

Sorry... of course i meant Kamada-Kawai...

Would there be any alternative so that I could spatially map my nodes according to their modularity (nodes belonging to the same module plotted close to each other)? I tried with Fruchterman-Reingold however I still got a lot of overlap between my color-coded modules which does not look so nice...

Many thanks for your help!
Jokel