Geo- and map of countries layout

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lwegene
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Geo- and map of countries layout

Post by lwegene » 11 Apr 2018 13:03

Hi everyone,

I´m new to Gephi and having troubles using the geo layout and the map of countries layout at the same time. I run the geo layout first and the positioning of the nodes looks fine to me. But when I aply the map of countries layout the nodes are not where they are supposed to be.

I already tried all kind of projections and made sure that I used the same projection for both layouts each time. But still there seems to be a mistake.
My longitude and latitude data has a decimal format e.g. longitude 9.915803500000038 and latitude 51.54128040000001 for Göttingen, Germany. Allthough I double checked that this is the right data, the combination of the two layouts suggests that Göttingen is somewhere in France or Spain.

Is this the right format though? Does anyone have an idea what I´m missing on? I would be very grateful for help.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Geo- and map of countries layout

Post by eduramiba » 12 Apr 2018 11:12

Are you using the same projection in both plugins? For example, make sure both use mercator.

lwegene

Re: Geo- and map of countries layout

Post by lwegene » 20 Apr 2018 07:55

Yes, I used the same projection for both layouts/ plugins.