Change rendering order of edges?

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
corrado33
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Change rendering order of edges?

Post by corrado33 » 20 Dec 2017 19:39

It seems the Gephi likes to render the fatter edges first and the thinner edges last.

(At least for the force directed layouts.)

I'd like to render the thinner edges first and the fatter ones last so that the fat edges are "on top" of the thin edges.

Is there a way to do this?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Change rendering order of edges?

Post by eduramiba » 20 Dec 2017 19:58

Hi,
Rendering order cannot be changed, I think it follows the order un which edges have been added to the graph.

corrado33

Re: Change rendering order of edges?

Post by corrado33 » 20 Dec 2017 20:10

eduramiba wrote:
20 Dec 2017 19:58
Hi,
Rendering order cannot be changed, I think it follows the order un which edges have been added to the graph.
Is there a way to change the order in which edges are added to the graphs? :D

Maybe I'll try sorting my excel file the other way then importing it and see if that helps.

EDIT: Didn't work.

Also, what I said before isn't completely true. Some of my smaller edges are above my larger edges, some are below. I'm guessing gephi plots edges in an order related to the highest frequency node perhaps? Starts with the node with the most edges and works it's way out? Maybe... dunno.