Graph dissappeared after adding few more nodes and edges

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ccamara
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Graph dissappeared after adding few more nodes and edges

Post by ccamara » 06 Nov 2016 23:14

Hello, I am quite new to Gephi, but after reading the 3 tutorials on the official page (https://gephi.org/users/) I manged to make a decent Graph. However, after adding few more nodes and edges to the database (currently has 31 nodes and 45 edges) and re-generating the graph from layout tab, the graph dissappeared and the "Force Atlas" distribution won't stop loading. I tried with other distribution with same results.

Why is this happening and how could I fix that?

Thank you!

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Graph dissappeared after adding few more nodes and edges

Post by eduramiba » 07 Nov 2016 11:58

Were all your nodes in the same position? That is known to create problems with many layouts.
A simple workaround: run random layout first, then run whatever layout you need.

ccamara

Post by ccamara » 08 Nov 2016 09:24

Thanks for your answer.

Excuse the dumb question, but how do I know if all nodes are on the same position?

I tried with random layout and it worked more or less fine: now I can see nodes and then I can change the layout to Force Atlas, which is great. Unfortunately the nodes and edges are quite far away when I click on "Center to Graph" icon and I have to manually zoom in, whith the problem of poor resolution (which on the other hand will be solved on preview tab).

PS: should you need to check nodes and edges, I have uploaded an anonymized version of both on these links on pastebin: Nodes.csv, Edges.csv

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 08 Nov 2016 09:52

Hi,
You can use Force Atlas 2 and set a low 'Scale' parameter to obtain a smaller network layout.

ccamara

Post by ccamara » 10 Nov 2016 17:27

Thank you!