Copy colors of certain nodes from one workspace to another

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nittonfemton
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Copy colors of certain nodes from one workspace to another

Post by nittonfemton » 17 Jun 2014 10:19

I have two workspaces with pretty much the same data but in different layouts. All the node id:s are the same. Edges might differ.

In the first workspace I have set different groups of nodes with different colors.

I would like to see where these nodes are on the second workspace. So far I've only solution has been to lookup each node individually in the data laboratory and set the correspondig colors manually. I had hoped that I could mark the nodes from workspace 1 and just copy them to workspace 2, but if they are (and replacing the old ones) they're not copying the node colors.

Perhaps if I filter them by node id, but I cannot figure out the regexp for this. Filtering on regexp "(12345),(12346)" won't do, with or without the ().

How ?

nittonfemton
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Copy colors of certain nodes from one workspace to anoth

Post by nittonfemton » 17 Jun 2014 10:24

As usually is the case, I found out the answer just after posting the question. I will answer it myself if anyone has the same problem, or have a better solution.

Just export workspace 1 as a .gexf file, then open it in workspace 2. Choose "append graph" instead of "new graph". Voila...

nittonfemton

Re: Copy colors of certain nodes from one workspace to anoth

Post by nittonfemton » 17 Jun 2014 12:34

I guess another to do it would be to add a column to these nodes in the data laboratory and just name with "Green group" or something, and then filtering them on the next workspace.