Random Geometric Graphs in Gephi

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
xandergiles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Random Geometric Graphs in Gephi

Post by xandergiles » 15 May 2014 18:40

Dear All,

My task is simple: I have a (randomly generated) geometric graph formatted as a gdf file.
[A geometric graph is just a set of nodes which each have a position in 2D space (or 3D etc but I take d=2), with links established]
The nodes live inside a bounded domain, which in my case is an annulus of inner radius 4 and outer radius 9 (i.e. an obstructed disk).

Once I've loaded the gdf file into Gephi, what's the best way to represent this? Gephi represents the nodes for me but their positions are slightly inaccurate in the preview, and I think this is because my layout technique is flawed.

Could anyone provide me with a simple step by step process which starts with a loaded gdf file and gives a simple image of this geometric graph inside the annulus?

(p.s. any tips on how to draw a domain boundary would be good too....)

Attachments
graphfile.gdf
Geometric graph inside annulus of inner radius 4 and outer radius 9
(62.79KiB)Downloaded 174 times

xandergiles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Random Geometric Graphs in Gephi

Post by xandergiles » 17 May 2014 21:09

OK so I worked it out, just load the gdf file (as attached above) and use the expansion layout applied repeatedly.