Left to Right Layout

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stwinn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Left to Right Layout

Post by stwinn » 24 Apr 2014 16:24

Is there a layout algorithm that orders the nodes according to the direction of the edges, so that the finished product is a left-to-right layout of my nodes.

My hope is to have columns or clouds of origin nodes, their first connections in a column to the right, then to the right a column of second degree connections from the origin, etc.

francis_flavin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Left to Right Layout

Post by francis_flavin » 24 Apr 2014 20:09

I don't know of such a layout algorithm for Gephi. However, I can see that it would have some interesting applications. It might have difficulties under certain conditions, too, and be unable to achieve a clean and readable layout.

It would be great if someone developed a layout algorithm for it.