Automatically calculate edge weight

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mcrodrigues
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Automatically calculate edge weight

Post by mcrodrigues » 20 Dec 2013 17:41

Hey, guys

So I've just started working with Gephi for one of my doctoral's assignments. I was looking for a way to make Gephi automatically calculate an edge's weight based on a parameter.

Say I have an edge connecting node A and node B.

If node B itself has 3 edges connecting it to other nodes (say C,D and E), the edge between A and B would weight 3.

On the other hand, If node B itself has only 1 edge connecting it to other node (say C), the edge between A and B would weight 1.

Is it possible to make Gephi do this calculation? Sorry of this is not a worthy question, I am an absolute noob when it comes to Gephi.

All the best and merry christmas!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable