Cannot get Graphviz layout to work at all

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vparvate
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cannot get Graphviz layout to work at all

Post by vparvate » 21 Nov 2013 17:00

I am trying to use the Graphviz layout plugin. I installed Graphviz and fixed the path variable to the bin folder so Gephi can now find the dot.exe. After I click run, it take a second or two showing something running (lower right hand status bar) but graph layout itself doesn't get altered no matter what options I choose. Other layout plugins work ok.

Running on windows 7. Can you think of something I may be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated,

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Cannot get Graphviz layout to work at all

Post by seinecle » 26 Nov 2013 13:50

Hi,

To get feedback you can directly contact the author of the GraphViz plugin:

https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/graphviz-layout/

Maybe that users of the plugin will also react here.

Best,

Clement

jengliang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jengliang » 28 Dec 2013 10:11

Try an older version of graphviz here: http://www.graphviz.org/pub/graphviz/st ... z-2.18.exe

Newer version of graphviz splits edge properties into multiple lines but the plugin uses a regex to parse the output line-by-line... I've notified Gary about this issue.

Regards,
Jeng-Liang

vparvate

Post by vparvate » 21 Feb 2014 17:22

Using Graphviz 2.18 worked instantly! Thank you.

chunkyks

Post by chunkyks » 25 Apr 2015 21:08

I've updated the plugin on the marketplace. Now working for me with current versions

Cheers!
Gary