Add image as background of graph

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
phanthomas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Add image as background of graph

Post by phanthomas » 03 Nov 2013 18:37

To support the insertion of nodes, I'd like to add an image behind an existing graph (or a new one). The picture is supposed to be a groundplan of a building, the nodes its rooms.
I added a photoshopped picture to this post, so you can imagine it.

Is the insertion of the image possible? And if yes, how?
Attachments
Modell.png

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Add image as background of graph

Post by seinecle » 04 Nov 2013 16:18

Hi,
This is not currently possible. You could find a hack where a wall is drawn as two nodes, and an edge between them. Several walls form a building...
That's how I drew the map of countries plugin, which effectively provides country maps as backgrounds to networks: https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/maps-of-countries/

Best,

Clement

phanthomas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by phanthomas » 04 Nov 2013 17:05

Thanks for your answer.

This is how I currently do it. But it is a bit unfunctional while reordering the "room nodes" with layouts because the edge nodes will be moved as well.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 04 Nov 2013 17:25

you can "fix" (or "settle", "pin") the nodes? Do that programmatically, or right click on the node and click "settle". Then, they won't be affected by layouts.

Best,

Clement

phanthomas

Post by phanthomas » 04 Nov 2013 17:30

That sounds perfect.
Just tried to fix them in the code when creating them and they don't move any more!

Thanks a lot!