GeoLayout or ExportToEarth - need help

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OnkInTls
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GeoLayout or ExportToEarth - need help

Post by OnkInTls » 05 Aug 2013 22:41

Hello

I have been playing around with the GeoLayout for the past hours but can't make it work. So I'd really appreciate to get some help

What I want to do: import coordinates and display them on a map (either GeoLayout and adding background image or export via ExportToEarth)

My csv file is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9182393/nodes.csv
It has four columns: ID (not necessary for my project), Label, Longitude and Latitude.
I import it via the importer, the Longitude and Latitude as Float. I can see the columns correctly in the DataLaboratory.
I can also see the Labels in the Overview

When I apply the GeoLayout, the nodes disappear. I've read in a former forum entry that it might be due to the nodes close to 0. But even if I remove those nodes it happens.

When I try to export the KMZ file there is an error: "sorry, no nodes in this graph have geocoordinates. Georeferencing is impossible".

I have searched a lot and no clue why it doesn't work. I tried to remplace the . by comma but it doesn't change
any help is appreciated!

thanks!

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GeoLayout or ExportToEarth - need help

Post by admin » 05 Aug 2013 23:01

Hi, did you try importing Longitude and Latitude columns as Double instead of Float?

OnkInTls

Post by OnkInTls » 05 Aug 2013 23:08

same result :(

how do I need to set the scale if all points are situated in North America?
And how if it is Europe and North America?

thanks!

OnkInTls

Post by OnkInTls » 07 Aug 2013 22:43

Hello
kept on playing around and solved the problem. However I still do not really understand to which value I should set the scale in the preview. Not sure what virtual radius of the earth means and how this impacts the value
thanks!

shan_333

Post by shan_333 » 22 Nov 2013 07:52

Hello!
Me too facing similar kind of problem.

Im trying to position nodes at specific places thus I'm using GeoLayout.
the problem that I've noticed is for few cases nodes with same lat long, only the first node with unique lat long is being displayed when I apply this layout.

Any help on this ?