Geo layout on a small scale

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mirna.wasef
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Geo layout on a small scale

Post by mirna.wasef » 01 Aug 2013 19:28

Hello,

Im really new to this but enjoying the software greatly!

Im working on mapping buildings and I wanted to set nodes for them depending on their location.
So I used the Geo layout and inserted the longitude and latitude for each building within a university campus.

when I run the Geo layout however all the nodes seem to be in one spot and overlapping each other.

Is it a problem that my scale is too small i.e that I'm working with buildings rather than states or countries?

It also seems like the node size is too large. But I have also reduced the size of the nodes by decreasing the range of the ranking.

im not sure what am I missing?

:D

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Geo layout on a small scale

Post by eduramiba » 02 Aug 2013 18:24

Hi,
That's probably the problem.
Did you try to increase the Scale option in Geolayout?

Eduardo

mirna.wasef

Post by mirna.wasef » 05 Aug 2013 14:29

How can I do that?

Mirna

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 14 Aug 2013 15:02

Just with the scale option in the layout.
Check the attached image.
Attachments
geo.png
geo.png (8.18KiB)Viewed 3423 times