Combination of multiple layout algorithms

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
shreddler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Combination of multiple layout algorithms

Post by shreddler » 05 Feb 2013 19:07

Hi,

My objective is the following: I want to display a dynamic graph where a group of nodes have coordinates changing over time and the remaining nodes do not have location information. Nodes with location information should be drawn at the exact location. Other nodes without location information (connected with edges to one or more nodes with location information) should be displayed nearby.

What I have is a visualization with the Geolayout plugin:
  • + nodes with location information are drawn correctly
    - nodes without location information are not positioned next to the connected node(s)
The other option is a visualization with the ForceAtlas(2) plugin:
  • + nodes without location information are positioned next to the connected node(s)
    - nodes with location information are _not_ drawn correctly
The question is whether there is a possibility to combine two (prioritized) layout algorithms (i.e. Geolayout and ForceAtlas), each responsible for a group of nodes.

If this is not already implemented comments are welcome on how to implement this.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Combination of multiple layout algorithms

Post by seinecle » 06 Feb 2013 01:37

(Just a negative answer, sorry, but better than leaving you in doubt)

=> This is not possible at the moment. Implementation would mean writing a layout plugin. You can check examples here:
https://gephi.org/2012/introducing-the- ... -bootcamp/

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable