Multilevel Layout and connection ?

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kiler40
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Multilevel Layout and connection ?

Post by kiler40 » 28 Jan 2013 09:28

Hello everybody,

I have a question if it is possible to have multilevel layout and connection of a graph.
Here is a example picture:

Example

I have network with end points and route between them. On other hand i have list with all direct connections.
Is it possible to have both layouts in one graph file, for better understanding of the net (it is a big network with lots of end points).

I understand that my question may not be really accurate, so excuse me, and ask me if you need further explanation.

Thanks in advance.
Andrew

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Multilevel Layout and connection ?

Post by admin » 28 Jan 2013 12:58

Tricky, but let's try this:

Import the graph of direct connections, apply a layout, then settle all the nodes.
Remove all the links.
Import the other nodes and connections between them and existing nodes. Apply a layout.

Basically, you want to compare the layout of a bipartite graph with it's unipartite version.

kiler40

Re: Multilevel Layout and connection ?

Post by kiler40 » 28 Jan 2013 15:50

Admin,
Thank you for the idea but maybe my explanation was bad.

The idea is to have both layouts somehow active.
To have better understanding i`ll explain briefly. Imagine this is internet network, with lots of end points.
Some end points /but don`t know witch/ have connection only between themselves /neighborhood/ and have one /or several/ of them witch are connected to the bigger network. The other one in the group transmit data to each other.

The idea is to have double analyse. First one is to see witch are the small groups, and then to see if physically is suitable to separate them from the whole group /in the example with wireless connection for instance/

But the idea is to have both connections in one place. First as a map, second for connectivity. Actually i don`t need direct connection table to be visible all the time. But if I use coloring tool to color for example neighbours and neighbours of the neighbours.

The given idea was good, but erases map routes...
/Again - the this internet network is only for example :)/
OH... Sorry if my request is a big mess... i`m new in this sort of analyse :)