Company Social Network Analysis

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
i3artender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Company Social Network Analysis

Post by i3artender » 04 Jul 2012 13:44

Hey everyone,

Im quite new to Gephi and have had trouble understanding how to most easily import data in CSV excel files and cluster employees (nodes) near each other to visualize departments in a company.

Right now I have created a test version with myself in the center and with 45 people that I know in the organization. My own department is a total of 10 people so these nodes I wish to have close to me in the graph. As for the others I need them all grouped with each other so that it is easy to visualize which nodes belong to which department. Right now its very difficult to tell as there are app. 18 colors defining departments and they are in no way grouped. As a result I have to manually click and drag similar colors next to each other and place my own coworkers near my node.

Is there any automatic way to use Modularity class or weight to have similar colored nodes to be graphed as neighbors?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Company Social Network Analysis

Post by eduramiba » 07 Jul 2012 13:07

Hi,
Currently, a layout algorithm that keep nodes with the same attribute near does not exist.
But if your attribute is modularity, running Force Atlas 2 normally results in nodes with the same modularity forming groups because of the graph topology.

Eduardo

diego_pso

Post by diego_pso » 23 Apr 2013 01:30

Hi,

I had the same problem when I tried to cluster social network's members in social network's groups. Actually my problem is a bit more complex, the members of network can join more than one group. So I hope to find some distinct clusters for each group and some nodes between the clusters, reflecting members in more than one group.

I tried to create nodes that represent the groups, then link users to these groups and run some layout algorithms, but it doesn't work. Does someone found a solution for this topic?

P. S.: Sorry for my bad english, I'm brasilian and still getting english classes :oops:

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 06 May 2013 21:49

Hi,

Gephi has no algo to detect communities with nodes belonging to different communities. A plugin should be written for that...

I posted a question on Stack Overflow on this topic if you are interested:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1425 ... -a-network

Best,

Clement