Limits for setX(),setY(),setZ() -24218,75 .. 25781,25

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ijon.Tichy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Limits for setX(),setY(),setZ() -24218,75 .. 25781,25

Post by Ijon.Tichy » 09 Jun 2012 21:28

I have made a layout plugin and realised that I can't set values for x,y,z lower than -24.218,75 or bigger than 25.781,25 (that gives a total length of 50.000, is that the reason the page https://gephi.org/features/ referes to up to 50000 nodes? or is that accidently the same number?). Is that a limit for the positions or am I doing something wrong.I use it like this node.getNodeData().setX(x)
I also tried this in the data laboratory with edit and gave x 26.000 after going to the overview and back it get to the limit of 25.781,25.

Would nice to hear a clearifying comment.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Limits for setX(),setY(),setZ() -24218,75 .. 25781,25

Post by seinecle » 11 Jun 2012 14:21

Hi Ijon,

Experts will give you a more precise reply but here is what I can say: this is not related to the number of nodes for sure. You can have networks with much more nodes, it's just that Gephi has better performance for networks up to 50,000 nodes, roughly.

So, my guess is simply that this limit for x, y and z relates to an arbitrary size for the "stage" (or scene, or canvas...) where the network is displayed. If so, you can try to see if this limit could be expanded, but it's probably a better choice to rescale your coordinates so that they are never above this limit (again, I might be wrong but this gives you a first informed guess!)

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable