How to visualize information diffusion/cascade?

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
semenoffalex
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How to visualize information diffusion/cascade?

Post by semenoffalex » 02 Jun 2012 11:58

Hi!

I'm really interested if there is a layout/algorithm to visualize diffusion of information or information cascade graph. I understand, that it should look like a tree, but I don't know how to do it.

For example, I have a retweet network and I want to see how a certain tweet is spreading through it. At least a path of it, but dynamic visualization would be even better.

Any ideas?

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: How to visualize information diffusion/cascade?

Post by seinecle » 04 Jun 2012 08:18

Hi,

Cool project. You can use the "Layered layout plugin": it does not *exactly* do what you ask but it still is a nice way to see things propagate through generations. You could also use it for a dynamic viz (tweets appearing first close to the center of the screen, then extending to the periphery).

https://gephi.org/plugins/layered-layout/

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable