[TODO] dynamic coordinates

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
asebian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[TODO] dynamic coordinates

Post by asebian » 07 Mar 2012 17:24

Dear fellows,

I`m converting small data sets to the gexf format trying to keep most of the information since I do not know what my colleagues who will do the analysis are going to. ;-> I`m dealing with dynamic 2D position data for nodes. As I found out studying the gexf documentation both 'attvalues' and 'viz:position' do accept dynamic attributes. I would prefer 'attvalues' to have the coordinates in the data laboratory. This is not the case with 'viz:position', right?

Is there a layout plugin that can deal with dynamic data columns? I unsuccessfully tried 'CoordinateView' and 'Geo View'.
BTW I was not able to create a dummy dexf document with a moving node using 'viz:position'.

Thanks for your suggestions.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: dynamic coordinates

Post by admin » 07 Mar 2012 17:56

Hi,

It's still not possible to show coordinates in Data Lab.

The GEXF format has room for dynamic position but this is not supported by Gephi yet. Many technical questions arise with sampling and interpolating points to make the system efficient on large networks. We started some discussions with Skye Bender-deMoll who is developing SoNIA. Maybe you should see if they made any progress on it.

cheers

asebian

Re: dynamic coordinates

Post by asebian » 08 Mar 2012 10:20

Thanks a lot for your fast and competent reply.
I`ll just skip that part.

Great project thanks to your commitment!

claudiomartella

Re: [TODO] dynamic coordinates

Post by claudiomartella » 02 Oct 2012 19:01

Hi,

has there be any development on this topic? i'm interested in having nodes that move in space according to dynamic (x,y) positions. i'm having a column X with dynamic time intervals defined, to be used with Coordinate Layout.
The description of the Coordinate Layout says it works in continuous mode to allow dynamic changing of node positions, so I was guessing how i can get that to work (either through spreadsheet or gexf).
Any idea?