[SOLVED] One giant module and some small module

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Yumyai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] One giant module and some small module

Post by Yumyai » 29 Dec 2011 11:26

I have graph with node around 700-1000 with one giant module. However, some node does not connect to the main module but form a mini module (4-5 nodes per mini module). The problem is whenever I try to layout, the small module got push to the another side. I just want to keep them close to main module so that I could just inspect more easily. Is there anyway to do that ?

thanks

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Layout for graph with one giant module and some small mo

Post by admin » 29 Dec 2011 12:31

If you use a ForceAtlas layout, increase the gravity setting to set the nodes closer to the center of the space.

Yumyai

Post by Yumyai » 29 Dec 2011 12:39

Thanks, trying to do that now.

By the way, is there anyway to filter just only island ?

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 29 Dec 2011 13:33

Yes, "islands" are called "components" in network theory.

In Filters, go to Topology > Giant Component then apply the filter.