Template for automatic layout

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Elessar8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Template for automatic layout

Post by Elessar8 » 05 Dec 2011 09:48

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to create a sort of template that saves my layout configuration. E.g.: I choose the layout that I want to use, and it automatically filters out the nodes with degree <5, applies color degree ranking to the nodes and shows the labels. It then applies a Force Atlas layout algorithm to it.

Is is possible to configure such a thing? I know how to do it with the toolkit, but then the interactivity with the graph and data is lost to my end-users.
Last edited by Elessar8 on 09 Dec 2011 10:06, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Template for automatic layout

Post by admin » 05 Dec 2011 11:39

Hi,

I guess this will be possible by creating a short script using the Scripting Plugin.

Elessar8

Post by Elessar8 » 05 Dec 2011 12:33

Thank you, I will have a look at the plugin!

luizribeiro
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by luizribeiro » 09 Dec 2011 03:24

Hey there,

I'm the GSoC student that worked on the Scripting Plugin.

This is pretty much the kind of job the Scripting Plugin will be able to do. Although, we don't have support for ranking and layout support is not very mature yet.

Besides, the only way at the moment of running external py files (i.e.: running Python code without actually typing it on the console) is by calling them with the Python's built-in function execfile.

Since there is no official release of the Scripting Plugin yet (I'll get back on coding it by mid-December), the only way to try the plugin is building it from GitHub. You just have to clone the gephi-plugins repo and build the python-scripting-plugin branch.

If there's something I can help you, or if you have ideas for the plugin, let me know! ;)

Elessar8

Post by Elessar8 » 09 Dec 2011 10:11

Hey!

Thanks for replying. I see from your profile that we probably have the same background (computer science/AI)? Am I right? :)

At the moment I don't have time yet to look at the scripting plugin since I have to deal with other stuff first. But once that is done I would be very interested in creating a short python script that can do the above mentioned things. When I get to it, I will contact you, thanks a lot!