TubeMap Layout

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
elijah
Gephi Community Support
TubeMap Layout

Post by elijah » 12 Nov 2011 00:42

I just finished my first layout, which I'm calling TubeMap. It lays out the network by network distance from a designated node. There's a long-winded explanation with examples here:
https://dhs.stanford.edu/spatial-humani ... -distance/

You can find the NBM here:
https://dhs.stanford.edu/resources/org- ... ubemap.nbm

and the source code here:
https://github.com/emeeks/gephi/tree/ma ... eMapLayout

I'd appreciate it if folks could give it a try and/or take a look at the code and suggest any improvements. Once it's had a bit of testing, I'll put it on the official list.

Just a note: It's obviously having problems with networks that are more than one weakly-connected component. I'll take a look at that.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: TubeMap Layout

Post by mbastian » 12 Nov 2011 21:44

Wow this is amazing peace of work. And and see you're already using the new GitHub repository ;)

I have one suggestion. Instead of selecting the node in the layout interface you could create a new Tool that would react at the click. Tools are the icons one can see at the left of the visualization and can react to mouse events.

At the click of a node it would be quite easy to trigger the layout. The code would quite similar to the Toolkit, which you are familiar with.

There is no tutorial on the wiki yet about the creation of the tools but you there is documentation on the javadoc and you can browse the existing tools.

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 13 Nov 2011 01:27

Thanks, Mathieu, I'll give that a go. I've obviously cribbed quite a bit from the Heatmap tool, so I should be able to follow from that.

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 22 Nov 2011 19:23

I've updated the layout so it checks labels and IDs, but I think it may have revealed a bug in one of the shortest path algos, so I'm going to wait on that getting sorted before sending it off to be officially released. I'll get to work on a tool version next.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable