Description of Yifan Hu Proportional

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
holonMC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Description of Yifan Hu Proportional

Post by holonMC » 10 Nov 2011 17:21

I've been asked to supply a description of the Yifan Hu Proportional layout algorithm, one which would be easily understood by a general readership. Any tips one where I might locate such a description? Or can someone provide this to me. I confess that I am not sure of the details of this algorithm.

thanks.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Description of Yifan Hu Proportional

Post by admin » 10 Nov 2011 18:42

holonMC

Post by holonMC » 14 Nov 2011 16:29

admin wrote:Hi,

The paper is available here: http://www2.research.att.com/~yifanhu/P ... _small.pdf
Thanks for your reply to my post. Can you help me understand the exact nature of the differences between "Yifan Hu", "Yifan Hu Proportional", and "YiFan Hu Multilevel" layouts, as implemented in Gephi? Do these three layouts, as a set, represent a progressive implementation of the features described in Yifan Hu's paper? What features of the full multi-level implementation does YiFan Proportional leave out, and which features does it include?

Again, thanks for helping me understand this stuff...

ervler

Post by ervler » 10 Jul 2012 14:06

Guess we will just have to wade through the paper :)

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 08 Jul 2014 23:32

Hi!
Correct link: http://yifanhu.net/PUB/graph_draw_small.pdf

Best,

Clement