[SOLVED] weight on node

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
florent.hautefeuille
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] weight on node

Post by florent.hautefeuille » 31 May 2011 23:45

Hello
I use Gephi to try to make representation of old cadasters. My nodes are parcels and my edges are links of neighborood betwenn 2 parcels. When I use forceatlas I obtain a representation with a big distorsion. If one parcel have a lot of neighbors, it draws all the parcels around against it (cf fig). Then I obtain a "colony of sea urchins" instead of having a regular landscape of parcels. I try to understand how I could attribute to each parcel a weight (in fact his surface) and that the algorythm take in care this weight to organise the graph.
Thank's a lot
Attachments
oursins.tiff
oursins.tiff (86.76KiB)Viewed 2301 times

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: weight on node

Post by seinecle » 01 Jun 2011 08:35

As far as I know, there are very few, if any, layout algo which can take nodes attributes as parameters to determine say, repulsion or attraction forces. Your research question shows that it would be a nice thing to develop!

So, is anybody for the task?

It could consist in taking the ForceAtlas algo, and add an attribute of nodes as an additional parameter for repulsion or attraction. Ideally, this attribute could be selected in the parameters of ForceAtlas, as a dropdown menu, and it would also be possible to determine the intensity of this attribute.

Java developers, help us! ;-)

Best,

Clement

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mbastian » 02 Jun 2011 07:38

I think Visone has this feature it would be interesting to know how they are doing it. Any academic paper on this topic would also be welcomed, to better define specifications.

florent.hautefeuille

Post by florent.hautefeuille » 06 Jun 2011 22:13

Thank you for explanations. As I'm not able to make java developments, I will try Visone.
Best
Florent