[SOLVED] What layout to visualize scale-free network

Algorithms and parameters to put data in space
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jdelgado
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] What layout to visualize scale-free network

Post by jdelgado » 18 Mar 2011 22:42

I'd like to visualize the conectivity in the hubs of scale-free networks to illustrate the nature of this kinds of networks for some high school students. I'd like to visualize it using Gephi.
I had a look to the available datasets and I'm not sure to find the right one(or the choose the right layout for the representation) . This is the first time I use Gephi or any other network analysis or visualization tool.

Could you help me to find (or generate) a dataset for this kind of representation ? (A ver y simple dataset would be enough)
What's the best layout to emphatize the conectivity of the hubs?

Thanks in advance

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What layout to visualize scale-free network

Post by admin » 19 Mar 2011 18:42

Hi,

Welcome here!

Have a look at some datasets on the wiki to start with. Graph file formats are described on this page.

I recommend to use the ForceAtlas layout. It do great work on scale-free networks.