[SOLVED] Timeline Expects a Certain Datatype?

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
elijah
Gephi Community Support
[SOLVED] Timeline Expects a Certain Datatype?

Post by elijah » 01 Dec 2010 02:13

I've got a graph with years stored as int and I don't see any available option when I click on the dynamic filter. I've searched around the forum and the wiki, but I can't seem to find what a "dynamic graph" is defined as so that I can build something which Gephi expects and can work with. Any pointers or links to existing explanations would be most welcome.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Timeline Expects a Certain Datatype?

Post by admin » 01 Dec 2010 09:19

How did you defined the date in your graph file?

This example could help: http://gexf.net/format/dynamics.html

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 01 Dec 2010 21:18

I almost always attach to a MySQL database, do I need to export to .gexf and change the header?

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mbastian » 02 Dec 2010 17:00

You can easily tramsform this int column in a dynamic column: see this tutorial

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 02 Dec 2010 19:56

Perfect, that was exactly what I was looking for and it works great.