Changing node size in dynamic graph

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lauren09
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Changing node size in dynamic graph

Post by lauren09 » 22 Nov 2016 01:59

I'm trying to change the node size depending on time-dependent values and am not having much luck. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong (e.g. how I've set up the data as a first-time gephi user) or if it's the bug that has been referenced elsewhere in this forum (e.g. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5582). I don't have an issue with the variable ("offending_frequency") appearing under the 'ranking' option for nodes, but the nodes don't actually change size according to the values found in this variable. I've attached an example csv file of my data. It appears to load in gephi fine (I think - see screenshot).

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Attachments
Screen Shot gephi data table.png
Screen shot
Node upload example.csv
Example csv file
(1.03KiB)Downloaded 573 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Changing node size in dynamic graph

Post by eduramiba » 22 Nov 2016 10:28

Hi,
Make sure you import your columns with the correct type (see attachment).
Import spreadsheet_002.jpg
Then it will appear in size ranking in appearance.
ranking.jpg
Also make sure you have latest updates installed.

lauren09

Post by lauren09 » 24 Nov 2016 01:51

Thanks for your reply. I've double checked those things you mentioned (importing correctly and updates) and still seem to have the same issue. I can see "offending_frequency" under nodes > ranking and I can select it using "auto apply" - however the nodes don't appear to change in size according to the values within "offending_frequency" (i.e. they are all exactly the same size across the timeline).

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 24 Nov 2016 09:45

Can you post a few screenshots of the actions that you do?

lauren09

Post by lauren09 » 24 Nov 2016 14:08

Of course - please see below.

Importing node data.
Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 11.49.53 pm.png
Data after import (node).
Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 11.50.44 pm.png
Screen shot of imported edge data, in case it's relevant to the issue (eventually I'd like the edge weight to represent the growing number of co-offences between pairs across time...not sure yet how to set up this type of dynamic edge data)
Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 11.53.04 pm.png
Selecting appearance settings.
Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 12.00.14 am.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 12.00.14 am.png (23.12KiB)Viewed 22077 times
Example graph at end of timeline - all the nodes are the same size when they should end up as different sizes depending on dynamic values in "offending_frequency".
Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 11.54.46 pm.png
Hope that's useful - let me know if there is anything else that would help.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 24 Nov 2016 16:56

Hi,
You will need to click in "Auto Apply" button. It will change to a "Stop" button.

lauren09

Post by lauren09 » 26 Nov 2016 03:49

Thanks. Unfortunately even when I click 'auto apply' (so the 'stop' button appears) the nodes don't change size across the timeline.