Help importing dynamic node attribute in CSV (what datatype?

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bastien
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Help importing dynamic node attribute in CSV (what datatype?

Post by Bastien » 02 Nov 2016 15:54

Hi all,

So I am trying to create a dynamic network by importing a CSV file of nodes and one of edges. So far I have no problem with the edge one.
However I can't get the node file to work properly. Gephi recognizes the column I named timeset and put this data type as intervalset (when I import it) but for my attribute columns (named paper in the attached file) what data type should I choose when importing ?
the attribute is written in this format: <[2006, 2007, 2]; [2009, 2009, 5]; [2011, 2011, 7]; [2013, 2015, 4]>
node_test_extract_close_bound_2.csv
etract of my node table
(286Bytes)Downloaded 211 times
if I select intervalset Gephi doesn't recognize the data and puts blank everywhere in the column,
nothing_in_column.png
data type interval set does not work for my attributes
if I select intervalintegermap the data shows in the column but Gephi doesnt recognize it as being dynamic data and when I try to play with the timebar the error msg filtering dynamic range appears
Filtering_dynamic_range.png
Filtering_dynamic_range.png (4.81KiB)Viewed 3197 times
I also tried with a format that is more similar to what we obtain when we use the generate dynamic graph example, but again I cant have the dynamic attribute to be recognized by Gephi :(
node_test_extract.csv
format like the generated example
(996Bytes)Downloaded 171 times
Can someone please help me or point me toward a solution ? is it even possible to import dynamic node attribute in CSV file ?
Thanks in advance !

Bastien

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Help importing dynamic node attribute in CSV (what datat

Post by eduramiba » 02 Nov 2016 16:24

Hi,
<[2006, 2007, 2]; [2009, 2009, 5]; [2011, 2011, 7]; [2013, 2015, 4]> should work fine with IntervalIntegerMap (or any IntervalMap of numbers). It seems to be parsed correctly since you said the data is shown in the column.

So the problem seems to happen when you use the timeline. There is an exception in your screenshot, can you post that full exception stack trace?

In your second file, the data is formatted as timestamps instead of intervals. Both types of dynamics are supported (not simultaneously), and you can check the workspace's dynamic type in the configuration dialog of data laboratory.

Bastien

Post by Bastien » 02 Nov 2016 16:46

Hi, thanks for the fast reply,

here are some more detail about that exception
exception.png
exception.png (8.53KiB)Viewed 3192 times
exception2.png
exception3.png

I obtain the same type of errors when I tried to switch to timestamps instead of time interval.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 02 Nov 2016 16:52

I see, this must be a bug. Can you create an issue at https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues ? Please include the full stack trace in text and the steps to reproduce the problem.

Bastien

Post by Bastien » 02 Nov 2016 16:57

ok, I will !

also when I am in the overview panel and press stop on the filter buton, the exception change to this one:
exception4.png
exception4.png (11.2KiB)Viewed 3190 times
exception5.png

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 02 Nov 2016 17:03

I see, we need to fix a few stability problems. I think you just reported the second exception with the error report tool :)

Bastien

Post by Bastien » 02 Nov 2016 17:06

yes I just did ;)