[FIXED] Timeline Player

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sima
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] Timeline Player

Post by Sima » 26 Sep 2010 16:23

Hi,

I am really appreciate the great work you have done so far in implementing and uploading gephi software.

I am searching for an open source software that helps in visualizing and analyzing the evolution of artificial networks under different multi-agent learning and self-organizing mechanisms. I have investigate gehpi software and I notice that it has nice features to help in studying complex and dynamic network. Also I have tried the time line component with the dynamic dataset:
http://gexf.net/data/dynamics.gexf, and it works fine with me but I am looking for a way to enhance the timeline component by adding play/stop button. I have read that there is efforts in implementing such a feature soon and I am interesting in working in this plugin, therefore, is there any update on this issue and how can I start if I would like to work on it.

Thank you for the continuous help and great efforts,
Sima

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Timeline Player

Post by mbastian » 26 Sep 2010 17:01

Hi Sima,

That would be great initiative, many people would be happy to have a play/stop feature on the Timeline.

There is no updates on this feature, though we made some improvements recently in the Timeline, jbilcke can give you more details. Did you look at the code in the trunk? There is the most recent version of the Timeline code.

Sima

Post by Sima » 04 Oct 2010 14:52

Hi,

Thank you mbastian for the fast reply.

I noticed that gephi0.7 beta version has been released yesterday. So I have download it and investigate the updates. One important thing regarding the timeline player is that the new version has a play/stop button but unfortunately it is not working, it just hide or show the timeline. Therefore please if you have any updates or clarification on this issue let me know.

Best regards,
Sima

jbilcke
Gephi Core Developer

Post by jbilcke » 04 Oct 2010 18:55

Hi, I propose to talk about future timeline improvements in a dedicated thread, which I created there : http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1688#p1688

by grouping them this it will be easier to keep tracks of the progress, since these features are related together (they all have impact on the same visual interface)