calculate edge weight dependent on time!

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
keuchenius8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
calculate edge weight dependent on time!

Post by keuchenius8 » 06 Jun 2015 21:48

Hi there,

I have problem; and couldnot find the answer at other posts on the forum

During importing, Gephi automatically calculates the weight of edges based on how often the edge occurs and the weight of each edge. For example, when I have 3 edges connecting a to b, all with weight 0.2, say, gephi imports this as one edge a to b with weight 0.6.
However, this should not be done like this as my data is dependent on time! Not every edge was created at the same time.

My usual way of learning Gephi about the time dimension of my data is by importing the begin date as an attribute (string), and after importing I merge this 'begin date' column and another empty column with the end date into one 'dynamic time interval'. This worked fine uptil now, when I suddenly start to work with edge weights that are changing (though only increasing) in time.

Can someone help me out of here?

Thanks a lot!!

keuchenius8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: calculate edge weight dependent on time!

Post by keuchenius8 » 06 Jun 2015 21:49

p.s. I import using csv files, and would prefer to keep on doing this if possible..